This article provides ideas to all health professionals willing to advise people with disabilities about their affective, relational, and sexual life. After presenting the Handicap and Sexuality Resource Center (Namur, Belgium), an institution present throughout the Walloon territory, several resources will be explored (evenings with institutions, educational tools, websites, etc.). Nowadays, this issue is more often taken into consideration. However, existing needs are still far from being met.
What is already known about the topic?
Regarding people with disabilities:
- People with disabilities need to engage in relationships, like everyone else, and to develop themselves emotionally and sexually.
- More initiatives are proposed.
- Many obstacles are still present.
What does this article bring up for us?
Existing resource ideas in French-speaking Belgium:
- services and associations active in the field;
- activities encouraging meetings;
- educational tools,
Social life, romantic relationships, sexuality, disability, resources, teaching tools